What’s Next Class
I have my new license so now what? Join our “what’s next” class for information to help you get started!
New and experienced hams may attend. You don’t need a license yet, this is a great way to be exposed to some aspects of the hobby and meet your fellow hams!
Some basic questions we will answer:
- Repeater operation
- What is Simplex.
- What is a repeater and how does it work.
- We will explain how the local repeaters are set up and their operation.
- Which local repeaters are linked.
- Where are the local repeaters located.
- How to check into a net.
- What nets are held on which group of repeaters.
- Hand Helds (HT)
- Should I buy a Baofeng or other Chinese radio?
- We will discuss how to set up and use a Handheld.
- The frequency split convention used in two meter and 440 MHz repeaters in the US.
- What are sub audible tones.
- HF Operation
- Antennas and equipment needed to get out and the antennas needed to move on to the HF operations.
- Encourage advancement to General.
- Modes of transmission, SSB, AM, FM, CW, SSTV, etc. what they mean and when/why you use them.
- The band plan. What frequencies are allocated to Amateur Radio use.
- Activities in the area
- We will mention the local clubs and what activities they participate in.
- Talk about the builders group and how to get additional help after the class.
- Emergency Operations.
- What is ARES and how do I get involved.
If you are interested in attending our next class please send an email to email@example.com